[elbe-devel] Invalid signature

Murrell, Robert A. Robert.Murrell at sbdinc.com
Mon Dec 4 22:34:42 CET 2023

I tried to run an ELBE build that was working two months ago.  After multiple failures, I deleted the initvm directory and tried to create a new one.  The root of the problem may be that I had to change my password and can't go back to the original one.  I executed the following command from the ELBE Quick Start guide:

apt install elbe-archive-keyring || wget -O /usr/share/keyrings/elbe-archive-keyring.gpg http://debian.linutronix.de/elbe/elbe-repo.pub.gpg

My /etc/apt/sources.list contains the following line:

deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/elbe-archive-keyring.gpg] http://debian.linutronix.de/elbe buster main

Now, when I run 'apt update', I get the following error:

Err:5 http://debian.linutronix.de/elbe buster InRelease
  The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 36AA35FF22BB8F84 ELBE Devel (Linutronix Elbe developers) <elbe-devel at linutronix.de>

How do I fix this error?

Some particulars:
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS running in a VirtualBox virtual machine.
elbe v14.9.3

Robert Murrell
Embedded Software Engineer
STANLEY Assembly Technologies

2500 Meijer Dr., Troy, MI 48084
T 248-677-9740
Robert.Murrell at sbdinc.com<mailto:Robert.Murrell at sbdinc.com> | www.StanleyEngineeredFastening.com<http://www.stanleyengineeredfastening.com/>

[http://esignature.stanleyblackanddecker.com/images/stanleyengineeredfastening.png]

This email, including any attached files, is intended only for the person to whom or the entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

This message and any attachments may contain Stanley Black & Decker confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of any such information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Este mensaje y los archivos adjuntos pueden contener informaci?n confidencial de Stanley Black & Decker. Se proh?be cualquier revisi?n, uso, divulgaci?n o distribuci?n no autorizados de dicha informaci?n. Si no es el destinatario previsto, comun?quese con el remitente y elimine todas las copias.