[elbe-devel] Is elbe on Debian12 (bookworm) host already working?

ew.foe at nassur.net ew.foe at nassur.net
Tue Feb 7 14:39:20 CET 2023

Quoting Bastian Germann <bage at linutronix.de>:

> Am 03.02.23 um 10:50 schrieb ew.foe at nassur.net:
>> Is there a workaround possible? It seems to me that the exact
>> command to call qemu needs some "help", but I don't see, where this
>> is defined.
>> Any pointers? If the problem is deeper, I shall reinstall with
>> Debian 11 for the moment.
>
> This was reported for Ubuntu 22.04 at
> https://github.com/Linutronix/elbe/issues/347.
> The accel parameter is not directly set by elbe but libvirt's qemu backend.
> Just to be sure: Your libvirt version should be 9.0.0 and the qemu
> version 7.2.

# date
Tue Feb  7 02:35:49 PM CET 2023
# cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_CODENAME=bookworm
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"
# apt show libvirt0 qemu-system-x86 | grep -E '^Version:|^Package:'

Package: libvirt0
Version: 9.0.0-1
Package: qemu-system-x86
Version: 1:7.2+dfsg-1+b2