[elbe-devel] Question: Extracting build chroot environment

Manuel Traut manuel.traut at linutronix.de
Wed Dec 16 16:11:26 CET 2015

Hi,

> is there a convenient way to extract the target build chroot
> environment from the virtual machine?

if you don't use a mode like tighten or diet and no finetuning,
the ./target and ./chroot directory should be the same.

If you use

...</console>
<package>
	<tar>
		<name>rfs.tar.gz</name>
	</tar>
</package>
<finetuning>...

in your XML, a tarball from the ./target directory will be created
(and can be downloaded via project files).

> I do this currently by attaching to the virtual machine, creating a
> tarball from the chroot directory of the project and use "elbe control
> get_file" to transfer the file to the physical machine.
> Another method could be to enable and use ssh on the virtual machine.

You can also use 'scp target.tgz user at 10.0.0.2:~/' to copy files from
the initvm to your physical PC.

Regards,

  Manuel