[elbe-devel] 'elbe initvm create' hangs after "Loading additional components"

Norbert Nemec | BLOKS. nn at bloks.de
Wed Nov 18 15:16:08 CET 2015

Still struggling:

The hanging is indeed somehow connected with network-traffic. After many
tries and some debugging into the qemu session, I managed to trace it
down to the 'wget' command sometimes hanging on one of the downloads.
Sometimes this happens during "Loading additional components" sometimes
this steps succeeds but then "Installing the base system" hangs. Also
there, I find that it is one of the wget calls that hangs in the middle
of a download.

I don't see how my own network connection would cause this kind of
problems. Unfortunately, I have no previous experience with qemu, so I
don't really know how to continue investigating.

Any ideas?

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Dr. Norbert Nemec
Software Manager

BLOKS. GmbH
Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1
80992 Munich
Germany

Phone +49 89 5505 461 - 21
Email nn at bloks.de

VAT-ID: DE297724169 | Registered Court: AG Munich | HRB 215232 | Managing Director: Daniel Meermann