[elbe-devel] Root-FS as alternative format, turn-around time

Manuel Traut manuel.traut at linutronix.de
Wed Nov 9 08:21:37 CET 2016

On 20:20 Tue 08 Nov     , Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
> Two questions:
> - Is it possible to get the root-filesystem (I'm building an ubifs) in
>   an alternative format for use as an NFS-Root (e.g. .tar.gz or
>   similar)? I know I can unpack everything using the python-project
>   ubireader but ...

just add a package node after the console node. As you can see here:
https://github.com/Linutronix/elbe/blob/master/examples/armhf-nfs-with-build-tools.xml

> - Is there a way to speed up target image generation by reusing parts
>   from the last build?

If you just modify finetuning or add packages, it is theoretical posible.
But there is no easy to use control interface for that at the moment.

Regards,

  Manuel