[elbe-devel] passwd and group files on a busybox system

Ralf Schlatterbeck rsc at runtux.com
Wed Nov 9 10:17:14 CET 2016

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 08:42:10AM +0100, Manuel Traut wrote:
> On 17:22 Mon 07 Nov     , Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 02:10:28PM +0100, Manuel Traut wrote:
> > > imho, the following finetuning rule should give the expected result:
> > > <b2t_cp path="/etc/passwd">/etc/passwd</b2t_cp>
> >
> > OK, I'm still unsure if the added users in that passwd file will really
> > always be the same uids gids as on the target. The installation sequence
> > might still differ.
>
> it shouldn't. It is not the /etc/passwd from the initvm. It is copied from
> the same system, as the other files for your target.

Tried this and it works fine, the passwd file contains entries for
systemd (and I don't have systemd on the target) but the other entries
*do* have the same uid/gid. So copying group and passwd is fine for me,
thanks!

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com
Reichergasse 131, A-3411 Weidling       email: office at runtux.com