[elbe-devel] How to create an encrypted rootfs image using Elbe?

Łukasz Walewski ljw at icm.edu.pl
Wed Aug 2 10:31:33 CEST 2017

Hi Manuel,

On 01.08.2017 08:42, Manuel Traut wrote:
>>> No, there is currently no such feature. But i understand the need for it.
>>>
>>> I think about allowing a list of
>>> <finetuning>
>>>   sections and adding some
>>> attributes, e.g.
>>> <finetuning runafter='imagegen'>
>>> . Or sth. like this..

Another option I see, is to add a call to do_finetuning() somewhere at
the end of the ElbeProject.build method, e.g. after the call to
targetfs.part_target(), i.e. after the RFS image file gets created.

The difficulty I see, is that the finetuning commands are executed
inside a chroot environment, which is either builddir/chroot or
builddir/target. What I am aiming at is to manipulate the RFS image
*file*, not the filesystem *tree* that gets transformed into the image
file later. The image file gets created in the upper-level directory,
i.e. in builddir, so it is not accessible from within builddir/chroot or
builddir/target.

A possible solution could be to copy (or link) the resulting image into
either builddir/chroot or builddir/target, process it there with the
existing CmdAction() and other finetuning methods and finally copy it
back to the builddir for further transferring to the host, etc.

What do you think?

Regards,
Lukasz