[elbe-devel] repo signatures expired?

Manuel Traut manuel.traut at linutronix.de
Wed Dec 13 06:08:00 CET 2017

Hi Lukasz,

btw. this is also a 'users' related topic so i added the elbe-users ML to cc.

> it seems that the elbe repo signatures have expired:
>
> jessie:~$ sudo apt-get update
> W: GPG error: http://debian.linutronix.de wheezy InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1513000207 KEYEXPIRED 1513000207 KEYEXPIRED 1513000207
>
> W: GPG error: http://debian.linutronix.de jessie InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1513000207 KEYEXPIRED 1513000207 KEYEXPIRED 1513000207
>

> stretch:~$ sudo apt-get update
> W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://debian.linutronix.de/elbe stretch InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 36AA35FF22BB8F84 ELBE Devel (Linutronix Elbe developers) <elbe-devel at linutronix.de>
> W: Failed to fetch http://debian.linutronix.de/elbe/dists/stretch/InRelease  The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 36AA35FF22BB8F84 ELBE Devel (Linutronix Elbe developers) <elbe-devel at linutronix.de>
> W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
>
> Does anyone observe the same behavior?

The key expired a few days ago. I uploaded an updated key yesterday.

You can use:

$ wget http://debian.linutronix.de/elbe/elbe-repo.pub
$ sudo apt-key add elbe-repo.pub

to avoid the error. I'm working on an elbe-keyring package to avoid this kind
of errors in the future.

  Manuel