[elbe-devel] elbe initvm attach -> login does not work after upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2 stable

Lukasz Walewski lwalewski at s-can.at
Mon Jul 3 09:15:21 CEST 2017

Hi,

After upgrading elbe from ver 1.1 to 1.2 from the stable distribution (appeared after this weekend):

deb http://debian.linutronix.de/elbe jessie main

on Debian 8.8 (jessie) my existing initvm does not show the login prompt anymore when I attach to it using "elbe initvm attach":

$ elbe initvm attach
kvm -M pc \
        -device virtio-rng-pci \
        -drive file=buildenv.img,if=virtio,bus=1,unit=0 \
        -no-reboot \
        -net nic,vlan=1,model=virtio,macaddr="66:3b:78:e3:30:ea" \
        -net user,vlan=1 \
        -redir tcp:7587::7588 \
        -m 1024 \
        -usb \
        -nographic \
        -smp `nproc`

[login: not present]

The fresh install of the 1.9.24 version from the testing distribution:

deb http://debian.linutronix.de/elbe-testing stretch main

on Debian 9.0 (stretch) behaves the same way. How can I connect to the initvm using recent versions of elbe?

Best regards,
Lukasz

scan Messtechnik GmbH
Brigittagasse 22-24
A-1200 Wien/Vienna
tel. +43 1 219 73 93 - 0
fax +43 1 219 73 93 - 12
http://www.s-can.at
office at s-can.at

Geschaeftsfuehrer/President: DI Andreas Weingartner
Firmenbuchnummer/Incorporation No: FN178880i
Gerichtsstand/Court of Jurisdiction: Wien/Vienna

s::can - intelligent, optical, online

i::scan - compact, precise and affordable!
UV254::NTU::FTU::TOC::DOC::COD::BOD::Colour ...and many more to come!
http://www.i-scan.at