[elbe-devel] elbe-testing v1.9.23

Manuel Traut manuel.traut at linutronix.de
Mon Jul 3 23:02:07 CEST 2017

Hi Lukasz,

> >I will test how it's working next week. One thing I noticed already is,
> >that when I connect to the initvm using "elbe initvm attach" I do not
> >get the console, i.e. no login prompt, which leaves me in the position
> >of not being able to connect/login.
>
> The above problem of not getting the login prompt has now a workaround suggested today by Frank Erdrich [1]. Would there be a solution for that?

I need to analyze the source of the problem.

> I managed to successfully build a stretch rootfs using /usr/share/doc/elbe-doc/examples/armhf-ti-beaglebone-black.xml and elbe v1.9.24 running on Debian 9.0 (stretch).
>
> One thing that puzzles me is that the build took extraordinarily long to complete: 45 min on a pretty modern computer. The build seems to have created a local Debian repository in /var/cache/elbe/ID using repro. Is that normal?

The beaglebone example uses pbuilder to build libgpio from github. So before
the image is produced, a pbuilder will be generated. Than this one is used to
build libgpio. the libgpio is hosted in the project internal repository you
mentioned.

Then the image is produced, using the configured mirrors + the internal repo
for libgpio.

This takes more time than generating an image from binary packages only.

Regards,

  Manuel