[elbe-devel] elbe-testing v1.9.23

Lukasz Walewski lwalewski at s-can.at
Tue Jul 4 11:32:22 CEST 2017

Hi Manuel,

>> I managed to successfully build a stretch rootfs using
>/usr/share/doc/elbe-doc/examples/armhf-ti-beaglebone-black.xml and elbe
>v1.9.24 running on Debian 9.0 (stretch).
>>
>> One thing that puzzles me is that the build took extraordinarily long
>to complete: 45 min on a pretty modern computer. The build seems to have
>created a local Debian repository in /var/cache/elbe/ID using repro. Is
>that normal?
>
>The beaglebone example uses pbuilder to build libgpio from github. So
>before
>the image is produced, a pbuilder will be generated. Than this one is
>used to
>build libgpio. the libgpio is hosted in the project internal repository
>you
>mentioned.
>
>Then the image is produced, using the configured mirrors + the internal
>repo
>for libgpio.

This procedure does not seem to work for local (unofficial) Debian mirrors. We host a local clone of the official Debian repository, which proved working (after adding our local GPG key to the apt-key database inside the initvm I can build images that do not need pbuilder using this mirror). However, the example XML (armhf-ti-beaglebone-black.xml) does not get built when I change the <primary_host> entry to point to my local mirror instead of ftp.de.debian.org:

W: /.pbuilderrc does not exist
I: Distribution is stretch.
I: Current time: Tue Jul  4 08:22:31 UTC 2017
I: pbuilder-time-stamp: 1499156551
I: Building the build environment
I: running qemu-debootstrap
/usr/sbin/qemu-debootstrap
I: Running command: debootstrap --arch armhf --foreign --include=apt --variant=buildd --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg stretch . http://my.local.mirror//debian
I: Retrieving InRelease
I: Checking Release signature
E: Release signed by unknown key (key id XXX)
E: qemu-debootstrap failed
W: Aborting with an error

This is actually a general question: how to set up the XML file to use an unofficial mirror (which requires its key to be added to the apt configuration) without tweaking the initvm?

And the more specific one: how to make pbuilder builds work with unofficial mirrors (see above)?

Best regards,
Lukasz

scan Messtechnik GmbH
Brigittagasse 22-24
A-1200 Wien/Vienna
tel. +43 1 219 73 93 - 0
fax +43 1 219 73 93 - 12
http://www.s-can.at
office at s-can.at

Geschaeftsfuehrer/President: DI Andreas Weingartner
Firmenbuchnummer/Incorporation No: FN178880i
Gerichtsstand/Court of Jurisdiction: Wien/Vienna

s::can - intelligent, optical, online

i::scan - compact, precise and affordable!
UV254::NTU::FTU::TOC::DOC::COD::BOD::Colour ...and many more to come!
http://www.i-scan.at