[elbe-devel] Are Debian maintainer scripts executed by Elbe?

Lukasz Walewski lwalewski at s-can.at
Mon Jun 12 16:16:43 CEST 2017

Hi Manuel,

>> What I do *not* understand is what "Elbe will not start any services
>during package installation" means, i.e. whether Elbe:
>>
>> 1. does not run maintainer scripts
>> 2. does not run /etc/init.d scripts
>
>elbe does 2.)

OK, thanks! That's important. There are packages that start their daemons in the postinst scripts, so not running the init.d scripts for those packages is not enough to prevent the services from running during package installation. That's where my confusion came from. Maybe the docu could be updated to make this point more clear?

>> The reason I'm asking is that I am installing the package initramfs-
>tools, whose postinst script on regular Debian installations generates
>the initramfs image in /boot/initrd.img-$(uname -r) but I don't see any
>in RFS build by Elbe. So the question arises, whether Elbe does not
>trigger the initramfs-tools' postinst or the image gets (re)moved after
>being generated?
>
>maybe some tools to generate the initrd are missing.. (busybox, fsck*,
>..are needed, IMHO)

Sorry, the above was not really accurate, it's the kernel package that generates the initramfs. The initramfs-tools package provides a trigger to automate the process. I am using a custom kernel package from someone else, which obviously does not push that trigger.

Thanks!
Lukasz

[http://www.s-can.at/disclaimer/ACE_2017_banner.jpg]

ACE 2017

AWWA Annual Conference & Exhibition
04.06.2017 - 11.06.2017
Philadelphia, USA

Meet us at booth 2649

scan Messtechnik GmbH
Brigittagasse 22-24
A-1200 Wien/Vienna
tel. +43 1 219 73 93 - 0
fax +43 1 219 73 93 - 12
http://www.s-can.at
office at s-can.at

Geschaeftsfuehrer/President: DI Andreas Weingartner
Firmenbuchnummer/Incorporation No: FN178880i
Gerichtsstand/Court of Jurisdiction: Wien/Vienna

s::can - intelligent, optical, online

i::scan - compact, precise and affordable!
UV254::NTU::FTU::TOC::DOC::COD::BOD::Colour ...and many more to come!
http://www.i-scan.at