[elbe-devel] Disk space leaks from the initvm

John Ogness john.ogness at linutronix.de
Fri Mar 17 13:35:54 CET 2017

On 2017-03-17, Lukasz Walewski <lwalewski at s-can.at> wrote:
> Is the default partition size of the initvm (the 80 GBs) configurable,
> e.g. at 'elbe initvm create' time? I would like to keep the image file
> far smaller, especially that it tends to leak anyways.

You probably created the initvm using:

$ elbe initvm create --directory=/some/directory

This will use the default XML file specifying the initvm. That file is
elbepack/init/default-init.xml of the elbe installation. In that file
you will find:

<size>80G</size>

within the initvm section. The "elbe initvm create" command can take an
XML file as an argument. Then that file will be used instead of the
default XML file. For example:

$ elbe initvm create --directory=/some/directory myinitvm.xml

I recommend copying the default XML file, modifying it, and using the
modified version to create your initvm.

John Ogness