[elbe-devel] fine tuning section failed

ew.foe at nassur.net ew.foe at nassur.net
Thu Nov 9 20:53:56 CET 2017

Hello all,

I have once again wasted some time to find out that the build
did not complete successfully (error in finetune block) by
wondering why things did not work as expected.

In this particular case:
openssh-server is installed
finetune is editing a line in /etc/ssh/sshd_config --- but
failed, since the file was not there.

Needless to say, I went all the way installing the image
on the target and wondering why I could not log in ...

So I would like to make the case again, that the build
should abort on the slightest error, at least in the
finetune block, but maybe everywhere UNLESS explicitly
stated otherwise (think: cmd || true # this cmd may fail)

Cheers,
Erich