[elbe-devel] Elbe 2.x installs additional/unnecessary packages in RFS (possible regression wrt 1.x)

Lukasz Walewski lwalewski at s-can.at
Wed Nov 29 15:28:42 CET 2017

Hi,

I noticed that elbe 2.x adds the option "--include=apt-listchanges" to the debootstrap call (elbe 1.x didn't do that). Consequently, the package apt-listchanges and its dependencies get installed into the resulting image. The image built with 2.x is thus larger than that built with 1.x series - in my case the difference yields 6 MB, which is non-negligible.

While I can understand the necessity of having the apt-listchanges package and its dependencies in the chroot image, I am not convinced that they are all necessary in the resulting/production image.

The list of additional base dependencies installed in the RFS by elbe 2.x (and not installed by elbe 1.x) follows,

mime-support
python
python2.7
python2.7-minimal
python-apt
python-apt-common
python-minimal
python-support
ucf

How can I prevent elbe from pulling in these dependencies into my production image?

Cheers,
Lukasz

[http://www.s-can.at/disclaimer/scan_industrial.jpg]

scan Messtechnik GmbH
Brigittagasse 22-24
A-1200 Wien/Vienna
tel. +43 1 219 73 93 - 0
fax +43 1 219 73 93 - 12
http://www.s-can.at
office at s-can.at

Geschaeftsfuehrer/President: DI Andreas Weingartner
Firmenbuchnummer/Incorporation No: FN178880i
Gerichtsstand/Court of Jurisdiction: Wien/Vienna