[elbe-devel] How to make Elbe abort if a finetuning command fails?

Manuel Traut manuel.traut at linutronix.de
Thu Sep 7 18:10:20 CEST 2017

Hi,

> > Quoting Lukasz Walewski <lwalewski at s-can.at>:
> >
> > > How to make Elbe abort if a finetuning command fails? - The default
> > > behavior is to continue building.
> >
> > I have had surprises with this as well. I would even go as far as switching
> > the default to "abort on failure". If commands in finetune may fail, I'm
> > willing to write
> >   <command> command args || true </command>
> > or
> >   <command ignore=true> command args </command>
> > So +1, please.
>
> agree. It'd be nice feature to have.
> I've generated couple of times broken images.

I don't want to stopp maybe a time-sensitive image build because of a typo.

I want to improve logging to have loglevels. E.g. a failing finetuning rule
will be in loglevel CRITICAL, all critical errors will be listed in e.g.
validation.txt.

Elbe control / submit command should return a value != 0 on any failure to
detect the problems in e.g. test-systems.

Patches for changes like this would be very welcome!

  Manuel