[elbe-devel] Ordering of <finetuning/> and <pkg-list/> elements

Lukasz Walewski lwalewski at s-can.at
Wed Jan 17 08:35:47 CET 2018

Hi,

I was always wondering, why do you enforce a particular ordering of <finetuning/> and <pkg-list/> elements in the XML input?

I ask this question, because (in my view) an intuitive order would be: 1) <pkg-list/>, 2) <finetuning/>, since it corresponds to the order in which elbe executes the respective operations: first it installs the packages from the <pkg-list/> and then it runs commands from <finetuning/>. However, the order enforced by the XSD schema is just the opposite. What is the rationale behind?

Why do you enforce ordering of XML elements whatsoever?

Best,
Lukasz

[http://www.s-can.at/disclaimer/scan_industrial.jpg]

scan Messtechnik GmbH
Brigittagasse 22-24
A-1200 Wien/Vienna
tel. +43 1 219 73 93 - 0
fax +43 1 219 73 93 - 12
http://www.s-can.at
office at s-can.at

Geschaeftsfuehrer/President: DI Andreas Weingartner
Firmenbuchnummer/Incorporation No: FN178880i
Gerichtsstand/Court of Jurisdiction: Wien/Vienna