[elbe-devel] elbe4 local mirror issues

John Ogness john.ogness at linutronix.de
Tue Apr 9 16:18:30 CEST 2019

On 2019-04-09, Torben Hohn <torben.hohn at linutronix.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 05:05:30PM +0200, John Ogness wrote:
>> Has anyone been able to install the initvm using local mirrors? For me
>> the installer (for the initvm) aborts at:
>>
>>     Select and install software ... 90%
>>
>> I suspected that issue #188 was involved:
>>    https://github.com/Linutronix/elbe/issues/188
>>
>> But that doesn't seem to be the problem. Before I dig deeper, maybe
>> there is someone else that can report success here?
>
> for me the problem has something to do with
>
> https://packages.debian.org/stretch-backports/linux-image-amd64
>
> being broken right now.
> we are going to drop it.
>
> However, it seems that John is seeing a different problem.

For the record, my problem was a user error. I was mirroring both
jessie-backports and stretch-backports with a single debmirror
command. Since jessie-backports was removed from the mirrors on
2019-03-23, my debmirror command has been failing since then. And since
backports repositories are only valid for 1 week, my stretch-backports
mirror stopped being valid on 2019-03-30.

I no longer try to mirror jessie-backports and now I have the same
problem that Torben has. (And there is a patch for that now.)

Also, for the record, debugging debian installer errors simply involves
starting a shell (option "20", which unfortunately is not shown in the
list of choices), and then looking at /var/log/syslog (using cat or
nano).

John Ogness