[elbe-devel] Elbe 5.0, Jessie

Hans Wurst thehmpf at gmx.de
Tue Apr 23 16:00:40 CEST 2019

Hello Elbe Devs,

since the IRC seems to be a bit quiet atm I decided to drop you a message here.

After playing around with Elbe 5 (that solves an initvm create issue in Elbe 3 for me) I manage to build a stretch RFS.
But my original project using a jessie does not work anymore.

I pocked around in the github logs and saw some topics along the same line.
(
https://github.com/Linutronix/elbe/commit/52784eabdbe5af3ce2f6d241b64456cfabe0f810
https://github.com/Linutronix/elbe/commit/278190b7055de8b308322bc1107fb1dc98706928
)

Will it ever be possible to build jessie images again on a stretch machine with Elbe 5?

The current status makes me a bit worried about the next debian version change. Will stretch not be supported when buster is the current release?
Do you have a plan how to handle this?

Best regards

hmpf aka Sebastian