[elbe-devel] Urgent: Older Elbe version install

Torben Hohn torben.hohn at linutronix.de
Wed Dec 9 12:50:22 CET 2020

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:46:09AM -0600, Szabolcs Szigeti wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I have lots of problems with the newest Elbe versions. I have to create an
> image file as soon as possible. Please help me, how can I choose and install
> an older Elbe version? (For example the 12.2). The apt install can always
> install just the newest version.

It should be possible to install other elbe version using aptitude.

However, you need to specify the exact version. So find it out first:

-> aptitude versions elbe
Package elbe:
c   2.0+buster151                                                                    buster                                                       500
c   2.0+buster171                                                                    buster                                                       500
c   2.0+buster181                                                                    buster                                                       500
c   2.1+buster211                                                                    buster                                                       500
c   2.1+buster231                                                                    buster                                                       500
c   2.2+buster251                                                                    buster                                                       500
c   2.3~bpo10+build201                                                               buster                                                       500
c   2.4+deb10+build401                                                               buster                                                       500
c   3+deb10+build491                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   3+deb10+build501                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   3+deb10+build511                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   3+deb10+build521                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   4+deb10+build531                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   5+deb10+build541                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   6+deb10+build551                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   7+deb10+build581                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   8+deb10+build591                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   9+deb10+build601                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   9+deb10+build611                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   9+deb10+build621                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   9+deb10+build641                                                                 buster                                                       500
c   10+deb10+build661                                                                buster                                                       500
c   10+deb10+build671                                                                buster                                                       500
c   10+deb10+build681                                                                buster                                                       500
c   10+deb10+build691                                                                buster                                                       500
c   11+deb10+build721                                                                buster                                                       500
c   11+deb10+build741                                                                buster                                                       500
c   12+deb10+build761                                                                buster                                                       500
c   12.0+deb10+build781                                                              buster                                                       500
c   12.1+deb10+build801                                                              buster                                                       500
c   12.2+deb10+build811                                                              buster                                                       500
c   12.3+deb10+build831                                                              buster                                                       500
c   12.4+deb10+build841                                                              buster                                                       500
c   12.5+deb10+build881                                                              buster                                                       500
c   12.5+deb10+build901                                                              buster                                                       500
c   13.0+deb10+build911                                                              buster                                                       500
c   13.0+deb10+build921                                                              buster                                                       500
c   13.1+deb10+build931                                                              buster                                                       500

Then you can install the version you like:

aptitude install "elbe=12.2+deb10+build811"

--
Torben Hohn
Linutronix GmbH | Bahnhofstrasse 3 | D-88690 Uhldingen-Mühlhofen

Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier (Informations on data privacy
can be found here): https://linutronix.de/kontakt/Datenschutz.php

Linutronix GmbH | Firmensitz (Registered Office): Uhldingen-Mühlhofen |
Registergericht (Registration Court): Amtsgericht Freiburg i.Br., HRB700
806 | Geschäftsführer (Managing Directors): Heinz Egger, Thomas Gleixner