[elbe-devel] ELBE 12.1: pbuilder project creation fails

Yegor Yefremov yegorslists at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 16 12:50:02 CET 2020

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 2:37 PM Yegor Yefremov
<yegorslists at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 11:38 AM Yegor Yefremov
> <yegorslists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have successfully created a Debian 10 initvm. But when I try to
> > create a pbuilder project I get this error message:
> >
> > I: debootstrap finished
> > I: copying local configuration
> > W: No local /etc/mailname to copy, relying on
> > /var/cache/pbuilder/build/14516/etc/mailname to be correct
> > I: Installing apt-lines
> > I: Copy  /var/cache/elbe/327aa298-e401-4a9a-8182-92febada79ee/aptconfdir/apt.conf.d
> >  to chroot
> > I: user script /var/cache/pbuilder/build/14516/tmp/hooks/G10elbe_apt_sources
> > starting
> > W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with
> > --allow instead.
>
> What should be done with these warnings? Just remove this part in
> elbepack/pbuilder.py?
>
> # Make apt-get use --force-yes which is not specified by
> # pbuilder-satisfy-depends
> fp.write('APT::Get::force-yes "true";\n')

Can this be a problem?

gpg: can't connect to the agent: IPC connect call failed

After the first failure I've attached to the initvm and performed:

root at elbe-daemon:~# gpg-connect-agent /bye
gpg-connect-agent: no running gpg-agent - starting '/usr/bin/gpg-agent'
gpg-connect-agent: waiting for the agent to come up ... (5s)
gpg-connect-agent: connection to agent established

The I repeated the pbuild create command but with the same result
though the gpg agent was running.

The whole error picture looks like the one described in [1], but as I
have ELBE version 12.1, this fix must be already applied. ELBE version
in the initvm:

root at elbe-daemon:~# elbe --version
elbe v 12.1 debian 10.2

[1] http://lists.linutronix.de/pipermail/elbe-devel/2019-April/002178.html