[elbe-devel] Creating kernel deb package

Yegor Yefremov yegorslists at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 22 15:35:16 CET 2020

I'm trying to create a deb package for the recent kernel. I use

dpkg-buildpackage -a armhf

command to create the package.

I have some issues with the rules file. So far only some dh_* hooks
were overridden. Hence when other hooks are invoked, the
dpkg-buildpackage executes them in the PWD directory and not in the
BUILD_DIR. During the packaging phase *.install files seem to be
misinterpreted because of the above described path issues and nothing
lands in the resulting *.deb packages.

My host OS is Ubuntu 18.04. I don't know if it has any impact on the
package creation. Am I missing some related patch series?

Another question. What about extracting the kernel version from
Kernel's Makefile when invoking "elbe debianize" in the linux
directory?

Regards,
Yegor