[elbe-devel] removing file in finetuning will upset archive validation

John Ogness john.ogness at linutronix.de
Mon Mar 23 17:00:25 CET 2020

On 2020-03-23, ew.foe at nassur.net wrote:
> I have started using this "extra" script to create user accounts with
> more attributes than available through the adduser tag.

For some of my private elbe-related hobbies I also do a lot of special
installation/configuration that go beyond the capabilities of
finetuning. However, rather than hacking a script in the archive, I
created my own configuration packages [0].

With this I no longer need any archive or finetuning. And since they are
Debian packages, I can easily uninstall some to "undo" some of the
customization on the live system.

As an example, the lighttpd package for the initvm is also using
it. This can be found in elbe/contrib/debathena-transform-lighttpd

John Ogness

[0] https://debathena.mit.edu/config-package-dev