[elbe-devel] Elbe - pbuilder. way of building package

Köry Maincent kory.maincent at bootlin.com
Thu May 7 16:48:36 CEST 2020

Hello,

I am working on an Ubuntu project. The build system is made in bash
script but I want to use Elbe.

The tool pbuilder makes a chroot for my architecture (armhf) and build
inside it, so the compiler is the gcc native of the chroot, and it build
through Qemu.
This build step is much longer than using cross compile toolchain.

I think the fastest way should be to use a chroot of the host
architecture, add the architecture of the project, install the libraries
needed and crossbuild using debuild.

I am wondering how Elbe manage the packaging build process?

Regards,

--
Köry Maincent, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and kernel engineering