[elbe-devel] Elbe ignores Built-Using fields

Torben Hohn torben.hohn at linutronix.de
Fri May 8 12:05:28 CEST 2020

On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 02:20:00PM -0400, Olivier Dion wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Apr 2020, Torben Hohn <torben.hohn at linutronix.de> wrote:
>
> > I have looked around. But i was unable to find this info in python-apt.
> > We probably have to dig deeper, to find out, how we can obtain
> > this information.
> >
> > here is a hint:
> >
> > https://apt-team.pages.debian.net/python-apt/library/apt_pkg.html#apt_pkg.TagFile
> >
> > the example points at the right file.
> > with apt_pkg.TagFile('/var/lib/dpkg/status') as tagfile:
> >     for section in tagfile:
> >             print(section['Package'])
> >
> > section['Built-Using'] should point to the right field.
> >
> > This is pretty manual. and doesnt have locking, etc.
> > So i am not very happy with this interface. But its a start.
>
> What does this imply?  Also, should these source packages be added in
> the main component?

Basically, you will have to add this functionality to RPCAptcache
You currently use get_installed_packages()

We need a function like get_corresponding_source_packages()

this would iterate over all installed_packages, and return a
list of the source packages, and additionally add a source
that was mentioned in a 'Built-Using' fields of an installed package.

This list would have to be generated for every component.

And this might also take a parameter with a list of binary packages
to consider (for the target component)

--
Torben Hohn
Linutronix GmbH | Bahnhofstrasse 3 | D-88690 Uhldingen-Mühlhofen

Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier (Informations on data privacy
can be found here): https://linutronix.de/kontakt/Datenschutz.php

Linutronix GmbH | Firmensitz (Registered Office): Uhldingen-Mühlhofen |
Registergericht (Registration Court): Amtsgericht Freiburg i.Br., HRB700
806 | Geschäftsführer (Managing Directors): Heinz Egger, Thomas Gleixner