[minicoredumper] Not able to generate core dump for running process

John Ogness john.ogness at linutronix.de
Fri Feb 3 08:33:02 CET 2017

Hi Anil,

On 2017-02-02, Ratnakaram, AnilKumar <AnilKumar.Ratnakaram at harman.com> wrote:
> I am not able to generate core dump for a running process, but I am
> able to generate core dump for crashed process. Can you please help me
> out with example.

I assume you are talking about the "live_dumper" feature, where dump
information for all registered processes is dumped when any of the
processes crashes.

Minicoredumper only generates a core dump for the crashing
processes. For the non-crashing registered processes, only the data
registered via the libminicoredumper API is dumped.

It is technically possible that the minicoredumper generates core dumps
for all registered applications. But this is not implemented. If you
require such a feature, I recommend posting a wishlist item to the bug
tracker [0].

If I have misunderstood your issue, please clarify.

John Ogness

[0] https://bugs.linuxfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?product=Diamon&component=minicoredumper