[elbe-devel] Install docker to elbe Image

Kurt Kanzenbach kurt at linutronix.de
Thu Sep 8 11:39:18 CEST 2022

Hi,

On Thu Sep 08 2022, Müller, Steffen - LT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to add docker to my elbe image.
> Of course I can do it with the finetuning commands following these steps on https://docs.docker.com/engine/install/debian/
>
> But I want to use the "standard" elbe procedure.
>
> So I add the following lines to my xml file:
>       <project>
>             <buildtype>aarch64</buildtype>
>             <mirror>
>                   <primary_host>ftp.de.debian.org</primary_host>
>                   <primary_path>/debian</primary_path>
>                   <primary_proto>http</primary_proto>
>                   <url-list>
>                         <url>
>                               <binary>http://download.docker.com/linux/debian bullseye stable</binary>
>                               <source>http://download.docker.com/linux/debian bullseye stable</source>
>                               <key>http://download.docker.com/linux/debian/gpg</key>
>                         </url>
>                   </url-list>
>             </mirror>

Any particular reason to add the docker specific repos?

Debian also packages Docker [1]. Just add `docker.io' to the
pkg-list. In case you're using a custom kernel you may have to add some
kernel options to spawn containers correctly.

Thanks,
Kurt

[1] - https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/docker.io