[elbe-devel] armhf buildtype on PC host?

Norbert Nemec | BLOKS. nn at bloks.de
Tue Nov 17 10:55:03 CET 2015

Hi everybody,

possibly, my previous post contained to many different topics, so I will
try to rephrase the one crucial problem that I am currently stuck on:

I am trying to set up a build environment for my ARM board, using my
Intel notebook as development machine.

I am running the current git version of elbe (devel/elbe-1.0, commit:
00ae84aa6e)

I have copied together a minimal ELBE XML file (see attached) from the
rather confusing pieces of documentation.

Running
     elbe initvm create arm-example.xml
on this file, the log shows kvm being started up, running an amd64
kernel, and the process list shows qemu-system-x86_64 running.

* Why are the armhf settings in the XML file ignored?
* How should a x86_64 VM be used to create images for an ARM board?!?
* Is the initvm method ready to be used for this purpose?
* Should I use the devel/elbe-1.0 branch at all or should I stick with
master or elbe-0.5.8?

Thanks for any help!

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Dr. Norbert Nemec
Software Manager

BLOKS. GmbH
Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1
80992 Munich
Germany

Phone +49 89 5505 461 - 21
Email nn at bloks.de

VAT-ID: DE297724169 | Registered Court: AG Munich | HRB 215232 | Managing Director: Daniel Meermann