[elbe-devel] initvm create freezes

Ralf Schlatterbeck rsc at runtux.com
Thu Dec 8 17:11:37 CET 2016

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 03:06:06PM +0100, Christian Schroeder wrote:
> since yesterday I'm encountering a problem during "elbe initvm create",
> the process stops/freezes at 90% of "Select and install software". The
> qemu process doesn't try to open network connections anymore and it
> occupies very few CPU time (observed with top).

I had a similar problem that was traced to the VM not being able to
resolve hostnames via its internal DNS client. In my case it was that on
my network an IPv6 nameserver was advertised that wasn't reachable by
IPv6 :-) and DNS lookups for the Host machine failed intermittingly. So,
yes, if you have network problems it may be possible that you're seeing
similar problems.

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com
Reichergasse 131, A-3411 Weidling       email: office at runtux.com