[elbe-devel] initvm create freezes

Christian Schroeder schroeder at cognitec.com
Fri Dec 9 12:28:42 CET 2016

Hi,

it looks like a more general problem. Suspecting network and/or distribution problems,
I tried the following:

1) I used an Ubuntu 14.04 host with unlimited access to the Internet and tried
   to use the git version of elbe (branch releases/v1.0)

2) I set-up a brand new jessie (8.6) host and tried installing elbe using the apt system
   (apt-get install elbe).

In both cases the command "elbe initvm create" stops/freezes during software installation
at 90% (see below) ! Meanwhile I'm not longer sure if any of the source mirrors is not
responding correctly. Additionally the elbe repo key expired two days ago.

Configuring apt  ... 16%... 25%... 31%... 41%... 50%... 66%... 75%... 83%... 91%... 100%
Select and install software  ... 10%... 26%... 31%... 40%... 50%... 61%... 70%... 80%... 90%

Any hints HOW to trace where the problem is located in detail ??

Christian

--
Dr.-Ing. Christian Schroeder
Director Hardware Development

Cognitec Systems GmbH
Grossenhainer Str. 101, D-01127 Dresden, Germany
Managing Director: Alfredo Herrera
Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 20776
info at cognitec.com, www.cognitec.com
USt./VAT-IdNr.: DE222661897

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Thank you for you co-operation!