[elbe-devel] 'jessie' ready to use?

John Ogness john.ogness at linutronix.de
Mon Jan 25 13:04:13 CET 2016

Hi Norbert,

On 2016-01-25, Norbert Nemec | BLOKS. <nn at bloks.de> wrote:
> Thanks. I got it working now.

Great.

> In fact, even managed to get jessie working in the initvm (This was
> necessary to get a more recent toolchain in the initvm).

Why do you need a toolchain in the initvm? The only purpose of the
initvm is to run elbe in a controlled environment. The initvm does not
(or maybe I should say "should not") play any other role in creating
root filesystems.

Any compiling should be performed in the build-environment. This is the
target-native environment, which uses the same operating system as the
one that will be installed to the target. In your case, it is already
jessie.

John Ogness