[elbe-devel] build successful but producing broken image (error in .xml)

ew.foe at nassur.net ew.foe at nassur.net
Tue Nov 22 11:19:26 CET 2016

Hello all,

this is an "observation" more than anything else.

I changed the file system labels in the <target><images>...
section. I FORGOT to change them in the <target><fstab>...
section.

What happened is this: The build finished successfully.
However, the resulting image could not be loop mounted
(kpartx, mount ...). I did not dig further, to find what
was really broken.

Imho it is ok to produce a broken image if I screw the
build description. It would be nicer imho, if the build
failed right away. But I have no idea, how to catch this,
because the xml is well-formed, in this particular case.

On the other hand, this problem will surface at the next
boot anyway.

Cheers,
Erich