[elbe-devel] elbe-testing v1.9.23

Manuel Traut manuel.traut at linutronix.de
Tue Jul 4 19:03:21 CEST 2017

Hi,

> Quoting Lukasz Walewski <lwalewski at s-can.at>:
>
> > This is actually a general question: how to set up the XML file to use
> > an unofficial mirror (which requires its key to be added to the apt
> > configuration) without tweaking the initvm?
>
> Maybe this can help:
>
> https://elbe-rfs.org/docs/sphinx/devel_elbe-2.0/article-elbe-schema-reference.html#type-url
>
> The <url> tag accepts a <key> tag inside. I think I have used this before
> (but dont find
> it at the moment) ...

We basicly didnt think about the use-case of a local self-signed primary mirror.
Either we use apt-cacher-ng or we use debmirror to clone complete arch/suite
combinations.

Adding the primary_url a second time in the url-list and provide a key might
help for getting pbuilder work.

Currently we have an open issue that deboostrap ignores self-signed repos:
https://github.com/Linutronix/elbe/issues/107

Before this one is not fixed, we have no chance to build a solution for building
images from self-signed repos.

The hint, that adding the key to apt is helpful is indeed interesting for our
open issue ;)

Adding it to the pbuilder is IMHO no big deal and done in the pbuilderrc.

You can open an issue for this on github. But i don't want to extend the xml
schema for 2.0. And the key also needs to be added to the preseeding for the
initvm..

  Manuel