[elbe-devel] How to create an encrypted rootfs image using Elbe?

Lukasz Walewski lwalewski at s-can.at
Mon Jul 31 19:15:12 CEST 2017

Hi Manuel,

Manuel Traut wrote
>> My question is whether it is possible to execute commands within initvm
>> *after* the RFS has been generated? - I mean something similar to
> <finetuning>
>  commands but executed after the RFS generation.
>
> No, there is currently no such feature. But i understand the need for it.
>
> I think about allowing a list of
> <finetuning>
>  sections and adding some
> attributes, e.g.
> <finetuning runafter='imagegen'>
> . Or sth. like this..

I noticed that the constructor of the ElbeProject class accepts a
postbuild_file argument with the default value 'None', which provides the
name of a script that gets executed right at the end of the
ElbeProject.build method:

        if self.postbuild_file:
            self.log.h2 ("postbuild script:")
            self.log.do (self.postbuild_file + ' "%s %s %s"' % (
                            self.builddir,
                            self.xml.text ("project/version"),
                            self.xml.text ("project/name")),
                         allow_fail=True)

I couldn't figure out how to actually use this functionality, though. Could
it be used or adapted to implement the post-build finetuning kind of thing?

Best regards,
Lukasz