[elbe-devel] Finetuning (was: How to create an encrypted rootfs image using Elbe?)

ew.foe at nassur.net ew.foe at nassur.net
Tue Jul 4 15:47:24 CEST 2017

Hello all,

Quoting Manuel Traut <manuel.traut at linutronix.de>:

> Finetuning should be more flexible!
+1

> Currently finetuning runce twice. Once before extracting and once after
> extracting the archive. That should be also controlable.

Yes, please.

> I think about allowing a list of <finetuning> sections and adding some
> attributes, e.g. <finetuning runafter='imagegen'>. Or sth. like this..

I have a number of config files in /home/user, the directory of a non-root
user. These files are transported into the build by means of
   elbe chg_archive tmp.$build.xml ./local-changes/
The files in ./local-changes/home/user are owned by "user(1000)". I extract
the archive again
   elbe get_archive tmp.$build.xml ./local-changes.tar.bz2
The files in the attached tar file are owned by root. This is not a problem.
   tar tvf ./local-changes.tar.bz2

Now building the image, you can see it coming, the archive is
extracted, and all files
are owned by root. Fine.

Finetuning runs
   chown -R user: /home/user
all fine and dandy. However, the second pass to unpack the archive
will overwrite the
ownership again :-(

configuring the tar command might help (e.g. add --no-overwrite-dir
and others)

breaking finetune in sections is certainly an option.
IIRC kiwi does run a script, which is copied into the image and run during
a chroot .../image stage.

So yes, I'm highly interested in finetune sections or something such.

Thanks,
Erich