[elbe-devel] elbe has unmet dependencies in Debian 9.0 (stretch)

John Ogness john.ogness at linutronix.de
Thu Jun 29 05:46:42 CEST 2017

Hi Lukasz,

On 2017-06-28, Lukasz Walewski <lwalewski at s-can.at> wrote:
> I just followed the instructions on https://elbe-rfs.org/download/ and
> tried to install elbe on a fresh Debian 9.0 (stretch) system. After
> adding the public key to the apt database and adding "deb
> http://debian.linutronix.de/elbe stretch main" to my apt sources I get
> unresolved dependencies:

elbe cannot run on stretch (yet). You must run it on a Debian/jessie
(oldstable) system. I expect stretch will be officially supported for
the elbe 2.0 release.

You can still use elbe to generate filesystems based on Debian/stretch.

> After looking at the decencies of elbe-common it turns out that it
> depends on python-pyme, which - according to
> https://packages.debian.org/ python-pyme - is not part of stretch
> (yet?).

This is only one of several reasons why elbe does not yet run on
stretch.

John