[elbe-devel] elbe-testing v1.9.23

Lukasz Walewski lwalewski at s-can.at
Fri Jun 30 10:28:13 CEST 2017

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the update. Please find my feedback below.

Yes, it worked on my fresh Debian 9.0 installation from the following URL:

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/elbe.list
deb http://debian.linutronix.de/elbe-testing stretch main

$ elbe --version
elbe v1.9.23 debian 9.0

>and it can be used to build stretch targets

No, debootstrap has problems installing e2fslibs package while creating the initvm:

$ elbe initvm create

---cut (no errors up to this point)---

Install the base system
-----------------------

!! ERROR: Debootstrap warning

Warning: Couldn't download package e2fslibs (ver 1.42.12-2+b1 arch amd64)
[Press enter to continue]

!! ERROR: Debootstrap Error

The following error occurred:

Couldn't download packages: e2fslibs

Check /var/log/syslog or see virtual console 4 for the details.
[Press enter to continue]

!! ERROR: Failed to install the base system

The base system installation into /target/ failed.

Check /var/log/syslog or see virtual console 4 for the details.
[Press enter to continue]

!! ERROR: Installation step failed

An installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item again from the
menu, or skip it and choose something else. The failing step is: Install the
base system
[Press enter to continue]

Debian installer main menu
--------------------------

Choose the next step in the install process:
  1: Choose language,
  2: Configure the keyboard,
  3: Detect network hardware,
  4: Configure the network,
  5: Choose a mirror of the Debian archive,
  6: Download installer components,
  7: Set up users and passwords,
  8: Configure the clock,
  9: Detect disks,
 10: Partition disks,
 11: Install the base system [*],
 12: Configure the package manager,
 13: Select and install software,
 14: Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk,
 15: Continue without boot loader,
 16: Finish the installation,
 17: Change debconf priority,
 18: Save debug logs,
 19: Execute a shell,
 20: Abort the installation,
Prompt: '?' for help, default=11>

If I insist on proceeding by selecting default answers at each step it enters a loop on step 13 and does not proceed any further.

>and use pbuilder for stretch.

Not tested that yet.

Best regards,
Lukasz

scan Messtechnik GmbH
Brigittagasse 22-24
A-1200 Wien/Vienna
tel. +43 1 219 73 93 - 0
fax +43 1 219 73 93 - 12
http://www.s-can.at
office at s-can.at

Geschaeftsfuehrer/President: DI Andreas Weingartner
Firmenbuchnummer/Incorporation No: FN178880i
Gerichtsstand/Court of Jurisdiction: Wien/Vienna

s::can - intelligent, optical, online

i::scan - compact, precise and affordable!
UV254::NTU::FTU::TOC::DOC::COD::BOD::Colour ...and many more to come!
http://www.i-scan.at