[elbe-devel] elbe-testing v1.9.23

Manuel Traut manuel.traut at linutronix.de
Fri Jun 30 15:18:30 CEST 2017

Hi Lukasz,

thanks for your feedback!

> >and it can be used to build stretch targets
>
> No, debootstrap has problems installing e2fslibs package while creating the initvm:
>
> $ elbe initvm create
>
> ---cut (no errors up to this point)---
>
> Install the base system
> -----------------------
>
> !! ERROR: Debootstrap warning
>
> Warning: Couldn't download package e2fslibs (ver 1.42.12-2+b1 arch amd64)
> [Press enter to continue]
>
> !! ERROR: Debootstrap Error
>
> The following error occurred:
>
> Couldn't download packages: e2fslibs
>
> Check /var/log/syslog or see virtual console 4 for the details.
> [Press enter to continue]
>

> !! ERROR: Failed to install the base system
>
> The base system installation into /target/ failed.
>
> Check /var/log/syslog or see virtual console 4 for the details.
> [Press enter to continue]
>
> !! ERROR: Installation step failed
>
> An installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item again from the
> menu, or skip it and choose something else. The failing step is: Install the
> base system
> [Press enter to continue]
>
> Debian installer main menu
> --------------------------
>
> Choose the next step in the install process:
>   1: Choose language,
>   2: Configure the keyboard,
>   3: Detect network hardware,
>   4: Configure the network,
>   5: Choose a mirror of the Debian archive,
>   6: Download installer components,
>   7: Set up users and passwords,
>   8: Configure the clock,
>   9: Detect disks,
>  10: Partition disks,
>  11: Install the base system [*],
>  12: Configure the package manager,
>  13: Select and install software,
>  14: Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk,
>  15: Continue without boot loader,
>  16: Finish the installation,
>  17: Change debconf priority,
>  18: Save debug logs,
>  19: Execute a shell,
>  20: Abort the installation,
> Prompt: '?' for help, default=11>
>
> If I insist on proceeding by selecting default answers at each step it enters a loop on step 13 and does not proceed any further.

the e2fsprogs thing is strange. Looks like a broken debian mirror. Do you use
an official mirror?

Btw. i just found a shortcomming in the release-test that installs the last
released elbe version into the initvm and than upgrades it (using --devel
switch). So install from packages was not tested. :(

By really testing creating an initvm i found out, that one of the last commits
accidently removed a runtime dependency. So no initvm can be created, because
configuring of elbe-daemon fails.

I just uploaded v1.9.24 with the fixed dependencies.

Regards,

  Manuel