[elbe-devel] elbe-testing v1.9.23

Lukasz Walewski lwalewski at s-can.at
Fri Jun 30 15:48:50 CEST 2017

>-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
>Von: Manuel Traut [mailto:manuel.traut at linutronix.de]
>Gesendet: Freitag, 30. Juni 2017 15:19
>An: Lukasz Walewski
>Cc: elbe-devel at linutronix.de
>Betreff: Re: [elbe-devel] elbe-testing v1.9.23
>

>Hi Lukasz,

Hi Manuel,

Good news: the version "v1.9.24 debian 9.0" was able to create a new initvm under Debian stretch :)

I will test how it's working next week. One thing I noticed already is, that when I connect to the initvm using "elbe initvm attach" I do not get the console, i.e. no login prompt, which leaves me in the position of not being able to connect/login.

>the e2fsprogs thing is strange. Looks like a broken debian mirror. Do
>you use an official mirror?

Yes, I (assume I) used the official mirror since I did "elbe initvm create" with no modifications.

>Btw. i just found a shortcomming in the release-test that installs the
>last released elbe version into the initvm and than upgrades it (using --
>devel switch). So install from packages was not tested. :(

Ouch!

>By really testing creating an initvm i found out, that one of the last
>commits accidently removed a runtime dependency. So no initvm can be created,
>because configuring of elbe-daemon fails.

Now it apparently works.

>I just uploaded v1.9.24 with the fixed dependencies.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Lukasy

scan Messtechnik GmbH
Brigittagasse 22-24
A-1200 Wien/Vienna
tel. +43 1 219 73 93 - 0
fax +43 1 219 73 93 - 12
http://www.s-can.at
office at s-can.at

Geschaeftsfuehrer/President: DI Andreas Weingartner
Firmenbuchnummer/Incorporation No: FN178880i
Gerichtsstand/Court of Jurisdiction: Wien/Vienna

s::can - intelligent, optical, online

i::scan - compact, precise and affordable!
UV254::NTU::FTU::TOC::DOC::COD::BOD::Colour ...and many more to come!
http://www.i-scan.at