[elbe-devel] buildchroot subcommand missing in elbe v1.1 (Debian jessie)

Lukasz Walewski lwalewski at s-can.at
Mon Mar 6 17:27:52 CET 2017

Hi Manuel,

Thank you very much for your explanations.

>The buildchroot subcommand is only available inside the initvm:

... however, elbe v0.9.4 obviously used to support the 'buildchroot' subcommand directly:

lwa at jessie:~$ ./elbe/elbe
elbe v0.9.4
need a subcommand: e.g. 'elbe init'.
    Available subcommands are:

        * adjustpkgs
        * bootup-check
        * buildchroot
[...]

I took over a project that was bound to that particular version of Elbe - the dependency that I am struggling to relax right now - therefore my attempts to understand what has changed since then.

>The initvm is needed to avoid dependencies to your host-pc for image
>generation.

Am I right, that the historic version did not have this feature, i.e. it did not create an 'initvm' to decouple from the host machine, but instead performed the image generation natively?

Best,
Lukasz

scan Messtechnik GmbH
Brigittagasse 22-24
A-1200 Wien/Vienna
tel. +43 1 219 73 93 - 0
fax +43 1 219 73 93 - 12
http://www.s-can.at
office at s-can.at

Geschaeftsfuehrer/President: DI Andreas Weingartner
Firmenbuchnummer/Incorporation No: FN178880i
Gerichtsstand/Court of Jurisdiction: Wien/Vienna

s::can - intelligent, optical, online

i::scan - compact, precise and affordable!
UV254::NTU::FTU::TOC::DOC::COD::BOD::Colour ...and many more to come!
http://www.i-scan.at