[elbe-devel] Start initvm on system boot as normal user

Lukasz Walewski lwalewski at s-can.at
Mon Mar 13 17:32:13 CET 2017

>Hello again,

Hi!

>By the way I want to mention that I use gearman (http://gearman.org) in
>front of ELBE as a job server. With this technique you can create a
>cluster/cloud of ELBE builders distributed across a multitude of
>physical/virtual
>machines. Even if you only have one ELBE instance gearmand serializes
>your build job requests. That's important because ELBE can only handle
>one running job
>at a time.

Thanks for this valuable remark! We are using Buildbot (http://buildbot.net) for automation, which provides similar functionality I think, but anyway it's good to know the alternatives.

BTW Don't you observe that the initvm is growing in size after each build - I see a considerable growth of several GBs (!) after each 'elbe submit', however I did not investigate it closer yet (I use --keep-files option to extract additional files like the initramfs, etc after the build, but then I 'elbe control del_project' to clear the leftovers).

Best regards,
Lukasz

scan Messtechnik GmbH
Brigittagasse 22-24
A-1200 Wien/Vienna
tel. +43 1 219 73 93 - 0
fax +43 1 219 73 93 - 12
http://www.s-can.at
office at s-can.at

Geschaeftsfuehrer/President: DI Andreas Weingartner
Firmenbuchnummer/Incorporation No: FN178880i
Gerichtsstand/Court of Jurisdiction: Wien/Vienna

s::can - intelligent, optical, online

i::scan - compact, precise and affordable!
UV254::NTU::FTU::TOC::DOC::COD::BOD::Colour ...and many more to come!
http://www.i-scan.at