[elbe-devel] cross compiling custom applications

Francesco fdprnd at dave.eu
Mon May 14 14:15:52 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

Perhaps some of you have already faced the problem of developing cross
compiled applications.
I was wondering which is the best approach to develop cross compiled
applications that rely on external libraries for an elbe rootfs?
Is it possible do build a yocto like sdk for a debian system and use it
to compile the applications?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm investigating Debian
solutions  for an embedded system.
Although for generating the rootfs it seems that there are at least a
couple of alternatives, the process of cross comping applications is
still not 100% clear to me.

Thank you.

Francesco