[elbe-devel] working with a specific patched kernel

Ralf Schlatterbeck rsc at runtux.com
Mon Feb 4 10:31:12 CET 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 07:53:53AM +0000, Steih, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am currently digging into the elbe build environment. If I would
> need to use a specific kernel version with a specific patch, how would
> I do that? Would I need to debianize the kernel or is it more like an
> archive that's just copied to the image?

Newer Kernels have the option to build a debian package using
"make deb-pkg". So you can build a debian kernel package and use that
(e.g with a private repository) in ELBE.

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com
Reichergasse 131, A-3411 Weidling       email: office at runtux.com