[elbe-devel] Custom Kernel with elbe pbuilder

Ralf Schlatterbeck rsc at runtux.com
Tue Feb 5 15:29:06 CET 2019

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 12:51:31PM +0000, Steih, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am trying to build a rfs with a customized kernel. As a template I
> am using
> https://github.com/Linutronix/elbe/wiki/Tutorial:-rootfs-with-custom-debian-packages
> this link. My problem is, that elbe pbuilder complains about bison and
> flex being unavailable. I tried to fix it by passing those packages
> into the project section of the elbe xml file. Unfortunately that does
> not solve the problem. Has anyone any suggestions?

I also had problems building a kernel package inside elbe. My solution
was to cross-compile a kernel package (modern kernels have a deb-pkg
target to directly build a debian package and debian comes with the
necessary arm cross-compilers) and make it available in an additional
local repository. This repo is configured inside the xml file in the
<mirror> section under <project> as

        <url>
          <binary>
            http://bee.priv.zoo:9090/debian-dist stretch main
          </binary>
          <key>
            http://bee.priv.zoo:9090/debian-dist/pubring.asc
          </key>
        </url>

Wher bee.priv.zoo is the name of the local machine and the server is
running on port 9090.
You need a signed repo, elbe doesn't install from non-signed repos.

If you manage to build inside ELBE using pbuilder a howto here to the
list would be nice.

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com
Reichergasse 131, A-3411 Weidling       email: office at runtux.com