[elbe-devel] sysroot for unsupported sdk arch

Torben Hohn torben.hohn at linutronix.de
Thu Jul 16 09:35:37 CEST 2020

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 09:18:45AM +0206, John Ogness wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For architectures that have no sdk support (such as x86_64), is this the
> official procedure for generating the sysroot?
>
> $ elbe initvm submit --keep-files --writeproject=x86.prj x86.xml
> $ elbe control build_sysroot `cat x86.prj`
> $ elbe control wait_busy `cat x86.prj`
> $ elbe control get_file `cat x86.prj` sysroot.tar.xz
>
> This seems to work, but requires "elbe control" usage, which AFAIK is
> supposed to be avoided.
>
> Should I open a feature request for
>
>     elbe initvm submit --build-sysroot
>
> Or should "elbe control" be used until x86_64 has sdk support?

We should aim for sdk support. Because it will generate the proper
source cdroms, etc.
So we dont want to spend extra time on a half baked sulution like
--build-sysroot.

If you know how to intgrate a sysroot into a toolchain, you can probably
live with "elbe control".

However, i doubt, that the source cdroms are correct in that case.

--
Torben Hohn
Linutronix GmbH | Bahnhofstrasse 3 | D-88690 Uhldingen-Mühlhofen

Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier (Informations on data privacy
can be found here): https://linutronix.de/kontakt/Datenschutz.php

Linutronix GmbH | Firmensitz (Registered Office): Uhldingen-Mühlhofen |
Registergericht (Registration Court): Amtsgericht Freiburg i.Br., HRB700
806 | Geschäftsführer (Managing Directors): Heinz Egger, Thomas Gleixner