[elbe-devel] Elbe ignores Built-Using fields

Olivier Dion dion at linutronix.de
Mon Mar 23 13:33:53 CET 2020

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020, Bastian Germann <bage at linutronix.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Debian Policy 7.8 [0] defines a Built-Using field that has to list
> packages in case of including their content. The most important
> application of this field is with statically linking object code from a
> -dev package.
>
> Elbe does not take this field into consideration for src-cdrom creation.
> It should do this because this field influences the complete and
> corresponding source code. The binary package list should be parsed for
> this field and the resulting packages' source packages should be added
> to the source package list. Note that Built-Using always comes with an
> exact version number for each package in its list.
>
> If you need an example for implementation, look at go-bindata.
>
> [0]: https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html

If I understand correctly, this should be done while doing the binary
cdrom?  i.e. mk_binary_cdrom would somehow return a list of packages to
add to the source cdrom in mk_source_cdrom.  Also where does this field
can be found except in the *.dsc file?

--
Olivier Dion
Linutronix GmbH | Bahnhofstrasse 3 | D-88690 Uhldingen-Mühlhofen